Saturday, December 29, 2012

Last Post of 2012

Only seven posts for 2012?! oh dear!  It could have been because we moved and my crafting supplies were packed away for a while before and after.  Hmmm, I may be making up excuses but that will do for right now ;o)

I had the chance to make one Christmas card this year.  It was also a birthday card so I added the "Birthday Wishes" sentiment on the left.


Card Materials & Tools: Bugaboo Digi Stamp; Eggbert Christmas, Amy R's Heart-y SayingsStampin' Up; Real Red and Whisper White Cardstock, Snow Buddies 116505, Craft White Ink, and Square Lattice Embossing Folder Die.  Rhinestones, Glossy Accents, Copics, Faux Snow, Glitter, and Echo Park Holly Jolly DSP.

Time spent this year (con't) I enjoy reading novels but rarely invest any time into it.  I like looking at magazines, reading books about babies and the occasional novel so it was nice to get myself lost in a few different series this year.

Yes, they are teen reads but I enjoyed every one of them.
1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn By Stephenie Meyer.  I saw the movie opening weekend and it was by far the best in the series; probably because I read the novel first.
2. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay By Suzanne Collins.  After seeing the movie I was hooked.  The book was far better with all the added details.  I'm looking forward to seeing the next release.
3. Divergent and Insurgent By Veronica Roth (Part 3 will be out next fall)


Please recommend a book that you've read this year.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a very Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you read Divergent and Insurgent?! That's awesome! I borrowed Divergent from a friend and loved it so much that I quickly went out and purchased the hardcover of Insurgent. I couldn't wait for the softcover or ebook version! And, of course, who didn't like Hunger Games? I devoured the series in a very short amount of time. Obsessed maybe?! lol I thought the first book was the best in that series, but the whole series was needed to complete the story.

    I'm hoping to hear of a new book to get sucked into, too. When you hear of one, let me know! Except, maybe not the book you already suggested. *ahem* ;)

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like we both enjoyed them quite a bit. Nothing at the house got done and when I was tired, I read until I couldn't open my eyes, lol. I'd say I was obsessed but in a good way. Can't wait to see Catching Fire at the theaters.

    Haha, I will let you know when I read another great series. Ttys.

    ReplyDelete