Monday, December 23, 2013

Suntan Snowman Christmas


***Merry Christmas!!! And thanks for stopping by. It’s been an interesting year full of fun surprises. I hope you are able to celebrate and enjoy the holidays the way that you want. I am certainly looking forward to spending time with my family and having a bit of time off.

Where to start... this cold and flu season has knocked me off my feet, I don’t remember the last time I was sick so much with back to back colds. As I was making another batch of Lipton’s chicken noodle soup last night I was thinking of how fortunate I am that it’s only a cold. 

A few highlights from this season…

My company made a toy donation this year to the Compassion Society of Halton. Everyone brought in a toy which was then dropped off at the Learning Tree in Burlington. There was the Hulk, Barbie, Legos, a Doctor Kit, Potsy, a Solar Robot, a Monkey Pillow, and more. It’s nice to be working with generous people.

We had a group of kids from Our Lady Of Peace Elementary School caroling at our door as they canvased for cans. They sang Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, it was fantastic! I have never had anyone carol at my home before. We had a small bag of goods that my Daughter helped put together to give them but I certainly wanted to give more. It was a cold day and they were so bright with spirit. (Not to forget the lovely hand written notice that was left at our door a week before.)

Have you ever wondered what to do with all plastic grocery bags? As much as I would like to say I always use my reusable bags I am forgetful at times and over the months they add up. Sure you could use them for garbage but I refused to throw them out if they are still usable : ). I called the KerrStreet Ministries a couple of years ago and found out they would take them. They were super nice and thankful for them each time I have made a drop off. They were having a Christmas party when we stopped by this year and it looked like a lot of fun.

Back to cards. This past month I put in my first order with Paper Smooches! They have some adorable stamps and corresponding dies! This was the first time using them and it was easier than expected.  

This is a small gift tag which was given with a box of Purdy’s chocolates. I wanted to add a little something to make it special so I used a “Swanky Snowdudes” stamp and the “Snowdudes Dies”.

 
I bought this fun stamp when I attended Scrapfest in Oshawa a few years back and finally got around to using it.
 
 
Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you’re as excited about Christmas as I am. I am looking forward to seeing my daughter and my husband open up their gifts on Christmas morning. Nothing makes me happier then to see them enjoy themselves and each other.

Until next time, keep warm and drink some hot chocolate (*don’t forget the marshmallows ;o))

2 comments:

  1. I love carollers, and suntan snowman is very cool. - JAG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, and I really like those cards you made! Funny thing happen to me today, I went to work and sat in the parking lot waiting for someone to open the doors. I didn't realize that no one was coming until 15 min after 7am. I called our customer service line, and asked if it was a holiday, and it seems I had forgotten it was 'Family Day' today. It was a nice surprise to think I was going to work, and be able to come home early, plus I got out of bed early so I have lots of time to do things Versus how long I normally sleep in with hardly any time to do anything in the mornings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete